The success of a product doesn’t hinge solely on a good idea, a robust business model that translates to a product that adds real value to the users lives is crucial. Luccid approached me to revamp their MVP, creating a new design framework that challenged me to maneuver through an ambitiously expanding business plan of being the first AI assisted architectural tool, an ever evolving AI technology and business goals with far-reaching aspirations.
Meaningful insights were gathered from users who had previously renovated or built a home:
1. The idea of employing AI for more personalized home design found favor among most respondents.
2. The majority of users have previously relied on mood boards, photos, or sketches to create their vision. These users expressed interest in adopting a tool that could unify these elements into a single application, making it easier to share their ideas with an architect.
3. While most had an average to good relationship with traditional house development methods, they expressed that they would appreciate a tool that could provide them with more control over the process.
Through a weekly meeting we established a collaborative framework between the stakeholders, establishing a robust set of features to work on, clear project goals and most importantly, effective project success metrics.
The design approach was to emphasize simplicity and transparency, while thoughtfully integrating Luccid’s already established brand identity. Drawing from the foundation of their brand’s main color which is purple, and their existing logo, a new design language was formulated which was used to develop some key features of the product:
- Screen layout 80–20: By organizing the screen in such a way that the interactive area (editor and AI) appears on the left, and the results (visuals and timeline) on the right, we ensure that users feel comfortable by finding the interactions always in the same place regardless of which stage in th eprocess they are.
- AI Design Editor: A dialogue-based editor that uses the latest AI Chatbot technology to facilitate live, interactive dialogue between the user and the product.
- Classic Design Editor: An alternative option to the AI Design Editor, for those who are more familiar with traditional design tools or who want more control. It features large, easy-to-use buttons that emulate classic computer-aided editors.